GUIDELINES S FOR MAINTAINING ART-ASSOCIATE STATUS WITH MCGOPA
- Annual dues – ($50.00* **) paid in January or at the time of acceptance into MCGOPA.
- You must attend meetings regularly. We meet the third Thursday of each month at 10AM.
- You may not miss more than 2 consecutive meetings without giving prior notice.
- You may not miss more than 5 meetings a year. If you miss more than 5 meetings a year you may NOT be eligible to renew with MCGOPA in the upcoming calendar year.
- Special circumstances for multiple missed meetings will be taken into consideration on an induvial basis and discussed and voted upon at a monthly meeting for artist-eligibility to continue with MCGOPA.
- Artists who miss multiple meetings but contribute an on-going specific service to the group may be accommodated.
- You need to take an active role in running the organization.
- Holding a specific job with MCGOPA
- Helping with receiving or picking-up artwork at exhibitions
- Hanging artwork
- Working at receptions
- Varied tasks involved in current endeavors to be determined
- Each artist is asked to reach out on behalf of MCGOPA
- To inquire about opportunities to exhibit our work in art and community locations and to coordinate an opportunity on behalf of the guild.
- To inquirer and facilitate opportunities for MCGOPA to participate in events that keep our organization visible.
- From time to time you will be asked to donate a bottle or two of wine or a beverage to an event.
- At MCGOPA’s December meeting, a list of our participating artists will be reviewed. Letters will be generated post-meeting. Letters will indicate eligibility to renew in the upcoming year and will state the rate for dues in the upcoming year.
- MCGOPA will maintain a waiting list of interested artists who would like to jury into the group. These artists will be invited to present to MCGOPA when space permits new entry into the group.
* Dues $ subject to increases/decreases as expenses require.
** Dues may be prorated at a 50% fee for NEW artist jurying into MCGOPA after the month of June