Artist Bio & Statement
I began working as a painter and gradually moved to sculpture. Most of my work is wall hung and is oil paint on wood. I incorporate semi abstract shapes that imply botanical forma and “parts of speech” such as thought bubbles. My work bridges the space between painting and sculpture and is always rhythmic, positive and intentionally uplifting. The work is made of laminated layers of wood that become one object. Color is essential and is also done in thin overlays of paint which enhance the form and appear to be lit from within.
- 2018 “Forever Young” Anne’s Choice, Warminster PA
- “Illuminated” is the title for the solo at Rosemont
Under Group: (all 2018)
- The Webster/Brantley Collection, Philadelphia Episcopal Church
- “Circle of Life” Inaugural show at Rabbit Hole Gallery Philadelphia
- “Connections”, juried show at Cheltenham Art Center (second prize award)
- MCGOPA 20th Anniversary Show”, Penn State at Great Valley
- “77th Annual juried Exhibit, Woodmere Museum, Philadelphia
- “11 Artists 1 Show” Rosemont College, Rosemont PA
2019 Percent for Arts Commission, New Market East, 59th to 60th and Market Street, Philadelphia. 5 permanent artworks for interior and exterior locations.